Thursday, April 10, 2014

I must remind myself why I am doing this

He told me he will not harass me
He told me that he & his wife are done

I cannot sway from my decision,
I will not ask him for lunch
I will not ask him for rides
I will not ask him back despite how down I feel

I must remind myself on why I want out
I am tired of being unhappy
I must do the right thing for everyone
I chose the wrong path from the start
It was a dead end from the beginning
I must turn back since I’ve reached the dead end
I cannot continue to stare at the dead end and hope that road will grow miraculously
I need to turn back so that I can take another path

I recognize there is no way I could have avoided the pain of this
Even if I rejected him from the start, it would have hurt

This too shall pass

No comments:

Post a Comment